Further guidance and information

You may be able to get further assistance from these local services:

Kent Homechoice

You may be able to join the Housing Register and bid to secure suitable accommodation within the district.

There is a quick online form available on the Kent Homechoice website which will check if you are eligible for housing and if you qualify to join the Housing Register. You can then decide if you want to proceed to a full housing application form which will take you in the region of 1 hour to complete. Click or tap below to start.


Citizens Advice North and West Kent

You may want to contact Citizens Advice North and West Kent, who operate a telephone advice line on 01474 878639 between 9.20am – 12.00pm Monday, Tuesday or Friday.

To book an appointment to see an advisor at the Gateway, complete a triage form at the Meet and Greet desk at the Civic Centre.

Civic Centre
Windmill Street
DA12 1AU

Telephone number: 0844 499 4128
Website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/



Telephone number: 0808 800 4444
Website: http://england.shelter.org.uk


Private Renting

Private rented accommodation is likely to be available on a much more frequent basis than social housing and could potentially resolve your current housing situation. If you were to look for housing at a rent that is no higher than the local housing allowance rate you may be able to claim benefits towards the rent. There is an online calculator available at www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser which you can use to check what benefits you would be entitled to.

The BBC also provide a handy website which will help you identify where you may be able to find affordable accommodation: www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23234033

Skip to content